Tuesday 27 April 2010

Chicken Pox.... or is it?

Dad took me to the doctors today on account of me breaking out with a rash. Aaargh.... 'Chickenpox' went up the cry. 'Now we can't go to Centerparcs'.
Well, what followed was some good old faffing if ever I saw it. Phone calls to insurers (no we're not insured), calls to Centerparcs (no we can't move it), Facebooking friends ('anyone want to go on holiday instead of us?'), texting friends ('Dan's got the pox').
So this morning dad decide to take me to the doctors. Well, what a revelation, the doctor took one look and said, 'it's not Chickenpox'. Well, dad was relieved as you can imagine. Just a plain old viral infection apparently. So, I can go swimming in the wave machine after all. Hurrah!
Meanwhile, Zoe has gone to the grandparents for the day. Not sure why. Something to do with being hard work apparently. Moi? Hard work? Dad should take a look at himself one of these days. It's not exactly a bed of roses trying to live with him either, I can tell you! And I'm sure nanny and granddad would agree. I think they've had some experience.
D

No comments: