Sunday 30 May 2010

Last week

Wow, what a busy week it was last week! Feel like my feet hardly touched the ground. It all started when nanny and granddad and Jasper turned up on Saturday. No sooner had they arrived than dad walked out the front door and I didn't see him again til Sunday. I always thought he got on alright with them (apparently he went to see some rugby, but I'm not sure I believe him. He was out all day!). The remaining family went to see some butterflies in St Albans. It called Butterfly World and I for one thought it was fab. They were everywhere. We're going back tomorrow and this time dad's coming. We asked other nanny and granddad but forgot that granddad has a bit of a phobia of butterflies and moths (have a look here if you don't like the winged beauties either - I Hate Butterflies! )..... so maybe not!
On Sunday dad disappeared again! This time with mum, so we went to the park and had some fun while mum and dad lived it up in London. I don't know, as dad said when nanny and granddad left, if they hadn't been here, he wouldn't have gone out so much. I'm not sure how they took that to be honest!
On Monday I went to see Alfie and Jack to play in the sun. Boy, it was hot. Fortunately, Alfie had his paddling pool and bouncy castle set up, so I spent all morning splashing about and throwing buckets of water about. Brilliant! Wasn't half tired afterwards though and couldn't even finish my Thomas the Tank Engine cake before I conked out in the car.
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday both mum and dad were at work so Zoe and I ended up variously in nursery and being looked after by Alfie and Jade. Good fun, but I'm paying for it now, think Zoe is too. Can barely keep our eyes open. More sleep and less excitement needed I think.
Plus, on Friday, it was decided (without my consultation, I hasten to add), that I was going to be potty trained over half term. Not only that but the flippin' dummy fairies have stolen my dummy. It only seems to appear on my pillow when it's time for bed. I don't know how they do it but it's making me a bit grumpy on occasion (as dad will testify to in the car, stuck traffic. I was quite insistent that I have it, he was quite insistent that he hadn't got it!).
Yesterday was just a chilled day at home which I was quite grateful for. Zoe did some painting while I got lumbered with the washing up. Nice!

No comments: